How to Make Pie Pops
DIY Pie Pops
These cute little pie pops and mini mies are perfect for any event, especially weddings for summer and fall! In this tutorial, we show how to make both pie pops and mini pies with a criss-cross design. The Bride Link coordinated and designed this display with adorable extras from Custom Love Gifts. Custom Love Gifts provided the mason jar wine glasses, mason jar mugs, name tags, jam filled favors, and red pennant banner. The overall look is inviting and so festive for an outdoor wedding or rehearsal dinner! Thank you to Danielle Evans Photography for allow us to use your studios and for capturing every details of this DIY project so beautifully!
Items You Will Need
-Pie filling (any flavor)
-Pillsbury pie crust
Steps for Pie Pops
1. Pre-heat Oven according to directions on Pillsbury Crust Box.
2. Roll out the dough onto an even surface.
3. Using a cookie cutter or simply a mug with a round lip, cut out circles from the dough.
4. Spoon the pie filling onto the dough. Too much filling will seep out of the edges of the crust after it is cooked, so keep it to about one heaping spoonful of filling per pie pop.
5. Insert your pop stick into the filling.
6. Cut a heart shaped center out of another circle of dough.
7. Brush egg whites (mixed with a little water) onto the inner edges of the first layer of the pie pop.
8. Lay the second layer of dough over the filling and use a fork to join the edges together. The egg white mixture will act as a glue for the dough.
9. Brush another layer of egg whites over the whole pie pop before baking to give it a golden brown appearance.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees or according to the directions on the back of the pie crust box.
Add a cute little tag with your guests names on it for a personalized touch!
Steps for Mini Pies
1. Follow steps 1-4 of the Pie Pop tutorial.
2. Instead of cutting out a heart shape into the second layer of dough, cut a square window.
3. Lay the second layer of dough on top of the first layer and join the edges together with a fork and egg whites.
4. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 1/2 inch strips of dough.
5. Using a fork, create a decorative edge on both sides of each strip.
6. Weave the strips of dough over the mini pie and join the ends of each strip to the outer edges of the pie with a fork and egg whites.
7. Brush egg whites over the entire pie before baking.
Bake both the mini pies and pie pops for about 10-12 minutes on 400 degrees or according to the directions on the back of the pie crust box.
Wedding Favor Extras from Custom Love Gifts
There are so many adorable little items that made this dessert table so fun! Make sure to check out Custom Love Gifts on Etsy to find the cute mason jar wedding favors below!